Friday, July 22, 2011

Cliche's Beauty Blogger of the Week




Today's Beauty Blogger is Amanda, she is another beauty guru on Youtube who gives great beauty advice to her subscribers. Below are a few questions I asked her about when she knew she loved makeup and some upcoming trends.


1. When did you know you had a passion for makeup?
I knew I had a passion for makeup as soon as I started wearing it. I was 11 years old and I wore clear mascara which did nothing for my lashes, bright red clown blush that was applied on my cheeks in the shape circles and mood changing lipstick which turned a bright red color on my lips. And I thought I was looking goooood!

2. What are five beauty products you can not live without?
I can't live without my MAC studio moisture cream, Christian Dior mascara, Anastasia Brow Duo Shadow, MAC Technokohl eyeliner in Graphblack, and Embark MAC eyeshadow. Phew that was a close one. It was really hard to pick just five.

3. What are your favorite beauty trends this summer?
I am loving the crochet racer back tanks and dresses. The big beautiful straw hats and the giant bold flower necklaces. Which reminds me I need to buy a huge straw hat and a giant bold flower necklace.

4. What beauty advice would you give to women who are just starting to experiment with makeup?
Feel beautiful in your own skin. I used to wear makeup 24/7 even when I would just go to check the mail. "Beauty is something that comes from both inside and out, but true beauty comes from within".

5. What are some of the biggest beauty mistakes you feel women make when it comes to makeup?
Most importantly whatever you do practice applying your makeup with makeup brushes over and over, make sure your eyeshadow application doesn't look like you got into a fight and lost. I made that mistake when I first started making videos and was experimenting with makeup brushes. Starting out I would make sure you at least have a great makeup brush for your eye crease. A sponge tip applicator for your eyeshadow just won't do.

Finally I would like to say to make sure you do what makes you happy. " If you love what you do you won't work a day in your life". -Confucius

Check out this video of Amanda titled "My Perfect Imperfections"

2 comments:

Comments...